Friday, December 30, 2022

Covid-19 and Plexiglas

 Read a meme on Facebook today that just makes me shake my head in wonder. It shows a grocery clerk checking out food items behind a Plexiglas shield, which is between her and the customer. The meme ridiculed the use of the plastic shield and implied it was useless and ineffective.

Some one should tell all my doctors, surgeons, and hospitals. When you approach the ripe old age of 80, you learn a few things, if you’re paying attention.


I have surgery for an inguinal hernia on January 5. When I went in for the pre-op, the receptionist was behind a glass wall.


When I see my urologist, her front desk clerk is behind a Plexiglas window.


When I checked into the hospital for an X-ray, the three admitting persons had Plexiglas barriers on their desks.


In Radiation, the nurse was behind a glass window in the corner.


When I see my Cardiologist, both the women sitting at the front desk are behind Plexiglas curtains.


When I last saw my Primary Care Physician, both his receptionists are behind glass barricades on the front desk.


I made an appointment with my oral surgeon for a dental implant next month. His front desk people were behind Plexiglas curtains.


Yeah, sure, nothing is perfect. Now and then a parachute fails to open, and the jumper bounces. If I need to jump out of an airplane, though, I’m strapping one on!


I have an autoimmune disease. My daughter is taking chemo for neuroendocrine carcinoid tumors. My sister-in-law has bad diabetes. We are all endangered if we get Covid. We are all vaccinated to the max, but are still vulnerable. Anything that increases our chances of survival is a plus in my book.


Instead of wasting my time, somebody needs to tell thousands of medical professionals they are wasting money putting up Plexiglas barriers between people, to slow down Covid-19.


They should also be sure to reference their sources. Such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and a bunch of blonde bimbos on Fox News. Those highly paid lying propagandists should be behind bars for murder, IMHO.


No comments:

Post a Comment