Monday, January 15, 2018

Happiness

What is happiness? For me today, the answer has become much simpler.

Happiness is is watching my wife sleep comfortably, her heart rate and respiration normal, no seizures, and hearing from the nurse that she ate breakfast this morning, able to bite and swallow her food again.

Whatever went on Saturday seems to have passed for now. I don’t know how long now lasts, but I am treasuring every moment.

Her drug regimen consists of Haldol and Tramadol twice a day, and everything else only as needed. Those are Ativan, and Respertal, to reduce restlessness and insomnia.

She is not experiencing nearly as much pain when we have to move her, so maybe the pelvic fracture is healing. 

I didn’t sleep well last night. I couldn’t put her out of my mind. But now I have an opportunity to relax and maybe get a morning nap in her room this morning.


Did I say how happy I am today?

No comments:

Post a Comment